Wednesday 25 January 2012

If it's not wood it's no good

An ex band colleague who happens to have been called a troll and looking like a rapist on twitter recently by 2 different people seems to think that if an instrument - bass / guitar isn't wood then it's no good. So I thought to myself is this true or is it just a typically pompous remark that he is well known for? It didn't take me long to find this little jem......
DANELECTRO 56
It's body is Masonite and laminated!
I believe it is the exact same guitar that Mark Everett from Eels uses and also Richard Thompson. If it is good enough for them......
It is also a very cheap guitar all things considered.
If it was an all acoustic then I would probably agree although in the case of electric guitars the main thing that causes the sound is the pickups.It would also be helpful if the neck is made of good quality timber to transmit the sound. I would therefore have to disagree. If it isn't wood then it doesn't necessarily mean it's no good!

No comments:

Post a Comment